Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Shy clowns, busy kubotois

Posted By: Elizazbeth Naime <enaime@hotmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, 2 June 2004, at 6:05 p.m.

My four clown loaches are shy; if I lurk quietly near the tank and/or sneak up on them, I can see them clowning around, but when I stomp down the stairs in my normal fashion they are all in hiding. The seven kubotois, on the other hand, are usually out and about -- and have already started keeping an eye on me, just in case I'm planning to drop some food in the tank. They're both new; the clowns were acquired no more than 36 hours before the kubotois.

I'm sure they'll come around (they are already getting braver when food is in the tank), just thought it was interesting. Do the rest of you with these two species notice that one is shyer than the others, or is it more an individual fish (or group) thing?