Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Newbie loach owner w/ Q's

Posted By: w.d.isen <wdisen007-stores@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 11 June 2004, at 3:02 p.m.

Hi I am a newbie loach owner and I am not exactly an expert at fish maintenance in general but I have a question here about my loaches. I managed to inherit a kuhli loach a few years ago. He has been quite happy and fat for a long time now. Also I have recently (4 months ago or so) purchased a pair of clown loaches to assist with a snail infestation that I have not been able to rid with any other method. Those things have an insatiable appetite for escargo! For quite some time now I have not had any problems with them at all. They have all seemed to be perfectly well adjusted as long as I gave the kuhli loach enough hiding spots, however over the last week or so I have been noticing that they have all been picking a certain spot or two in my tank to just continually swim up