Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Now the bad news....

Posted By: Beth Lenhoff <Lenhoffszoo@juno.com>
Date: Wednesday, 16 June 2004, at 1:04 a.m.

I just bought a pair of Hillstream type loaches. The tank was labled Borneo Suckers, but by color pattern, there were several types. Anyway, one of them did not even survive the trip home, and the store reported rapid loss of their remaining fish. Just in case I started Marcyn/Marcyn2 tx. Mine looks okay, but doesn't really seem to eat. I noted that a couple of the fish in the tank,(at the store), seemed to have patches of pale color. I just found a notation by Jim Powers about Hillstream diseases that sounds like it could be the problem. Do you folks think this treatment is okay? Would you recommend doing more? How often can I do water changes? I know these guys are sensitive and the an