Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

My Crazy Clown

Posted By: dezmaas <dezmaas@yahoo.com>
Date: Wednesday, 16 June 2004, at 11:27 p.m.

My Clown Loach gave me a heart attack last night. I know that they have a reputation for lying on their sides and looking like they're dead, however my clowns have never done that.

However, last night I was watching one of them swimming in his usual awkward way, near the top of the tank almost vertical with his tail wiggling away. Then all of a sudden he lurches backwards and drops to the bottom on his back as if he's just been shot!

He lay on the gravel on his side for 5 minutes, not moving apart from his gills. I tapped the glass and he didn't move an inch. I was getting worried as he's never done this before. After 5 minutes he's on the move again, swimming around just as normal....what a crazy fish!
:o)