Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Possible sickly clown loach?

Posted By: Becky <mscafeina@gmail.com>
Date: Saturday, 19 June 2004, at 2:52 a.m.

I have 4 loaches in my tank. 2 I got over a year ago and 2 Iíve had for just under a year. The 2 newest fish were so tiny when I bought them the fish store had labeled them as tiger barbs. (I donít think they knew the difference really) anyway all the fish like to hide in this stump with the pleco and I rarely see them come out. About 6 months ago I noticed one of the loaches had a bug eye, it looks like the internal parts of the eye exploded or something and it sticks out about 3 times farther than it should. I put him in a smaller tank and treated him for everything, parasites, and internal worms, gave him special medicated food. Through all this he got bigger and seems healthy.