Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Sick loach!

Posted By: taralee <mail@taralee.com>
Date: Tuesday, 22 June 2004, at 8:09 a.m.

I have 2 clown loaches in a 180L tank. A couple of months ago, I noticed that one of the loaches had popeye. after a couple of days, he had some 'holes' across his nose and between his eyes. I treated him with Myxazin. Now a couple of months later, he just hides, but the other loach has remained totally unaffected. Where the little 'holes' were a deep wound has formed, like all the holes have joint up. It looks as though the flesh on his head has been eaten away. While he is not getting any better, he isnt getting any worse either. and he must be eating because he is still alive after all this time. It's really unsightly and i hate seeing my favourite fish like this! Please help!