Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

The loach book, another chapter!

Posted By: Jayne <jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Sunday, 27 June 2004, at 3:14 p.m.

I have been thinking about the loach book. How about a section on the quick and cheap fixes we all use to keep stuff going? Things like a hospital chamber in a tank for a fish that doesn't look well, just a glass with some netting, propped up high enough for the betta to get air, but under the surface enough that the filter bubbles cause water that has more oxygen in it can get in. All of us have done things like this, which are almost instinctive after a while but for new fishkeepers might be of some value.
I can't remember who suggested clay flower pots for loaches to hide in, but I have used that suggestion in a dozen variations. I keep them on hand just in case I need them for something fishy.
Just a suggestion.
Jayne

<