Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Botia striata

Posted By: Taratron <taratron@hotmail.com>
Date: Tuesday, 29 June 2004, at 1:28 a.m.

The tank in question is 29 gallons, planted, with driftwood. Lots of hiding spaces. Animals are: 3 brochis cats, 4-5 elegant cories, 4 zebra loaches, 2 farlowellas, 1 male betta, and 6 peacock gobies.

The last inhabitants added were over a month ago, and it was the gobies, out of the fry tank, now grown enough to be in the main tank. Tank has been set up for five months now, from a 20 gallon.

What concerns me is that in the past few weeks, I've seen my loaches not outright attacking, but mouthing at the gobies and the farlowella. My betta now has a torn dorsal sliver for a fin, and his tail is in tatters.

I've been assured that zebra loaches are not aggressive, but I'm wondering if they are damaging my betta,