Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Kuhli loach has lost colour

Posted By: Jo Thomas <j.thomas@ntlworld.com>
Date: Sunday, 11 July 2004, at 10:35 a.m.

Hi, I hope someone can please help me out with this problem. I bought four Kuhli loaches three weeks ago to go into an established tropical tank. Three of the four loaches are very active and come out to feed and play during the daytime. We hadn't seen the other loach very much until this morning while I was carrying out a water change. I was quite shocked to find that it has lost all of its stripes and is now a very pale pink colour all over. It was actively swimming around the tank, so I'm wondering whether this is due to stress/illness and if anyone else has experience of this or could suggest a reason for it. I regularly change the water in the tank, use test kits and the ammonia/nitrite/nitrates are all fine. The temperature is also suitable for Kuhlis and the only thing