Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Disappearing Loaches!

Posted By: Ron <ronsart@covad.net>
Date: Wednesday, 21 July 2004, at 10:14 a.m.

We've had a new 55 tank for just about a week now, and have about 20 community fish, including the life of the party - 4 loaches - which if you have any, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about. However, (in addition to the problem of the small white spots, which I just confirmed came that way from the store, though we don't yet know how to treat, other than raising the temp slowly to 85 degrees), one of the loaches just down right disappeared 3 days ago and the another has just now disappeared for 3 hours now. after the 1st disappearance we looked under and inspected every plant, rock, and shell and even dismantled the filter, just in case, but was nowhere to be found. this means it (and both of them now), must be under the white gravel. I'm quite new at this and don't know if we'll see this fun critters alive again, if they were suddenly resurface at some point or what could be done to get them to do so or what. any good advice on this would be most welcome; thanks.

Messages In This Thread