Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Why oh why...

Posted By: Jayne <jaynemanrow@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 22 July 2004, at 7:17 a.m.

do we love fishes who's nature it is to hide? I have to wonder about myself, spending money on fishes who I will seldom see except at night and at feeding time. I haven't been able to fool them either. I tried leaning slabs of rock at the front of the aquarium, held up by other rocks, thinking I would give them a sheltered space and still get to see them. Where did they hang out? between the slab and the rocks holding up the slab of course. My dojo's were kind of fooled when I put shallow sand in towards the front of the aquarium, they would bury themselves there, thinking they were hidden. Kuhli's will be a little more visible in bunches cause they have to make loach piles to be comfortable and if there are enough of them it can be a big pile.
Jayne