Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

the usual- ichy loach

Posted By: Rob Hall <rhallatk406@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 22 July 2004, at 3:38 p.m.

Okay, I learned the hard lesson about cycling and overcrowding a tank, but a few of my fish survived the ordeal in our 10 gallon tank.

Now, after carefully cycling my new 29 gallon tank with a bio-wheel filter, I moved my loach and surviving mollies in. All my cycling mollies survived as well, and ammonia and nitrites are nil.

Now, no doubt from the stress of moving, Mr. Loach has ich. Previously, in the small tank, a half-dose of Quick Cure over several days did the trick for him and the mollies. Can I use it with the bio-wheel? Or should I yank out the wheel, treat the fish for a few days, then reinstall the wheel? Major water change? How do I know when it's safe to put the wheel back? How long dies it take for the charcoal to clean out the bio-harmful ingredients of quick cure, if the