Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

new ich question

Posted By: kimberly <berly_jordan@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 23 July 2004, at 8:52 a.m.

NOw I have a question. I have been using the formalin, which always worked in the past, for 5 days and this morning made day 6 and I still see white spots all over my loaches. I put 37 drops in a day, which is half the dose, and I do 15% water changes every 3 days. My tank holds steady at 77 temp as I have never needed a heater. My ammonia and all the levels look good as I test the water every other day and have an ammonia alert on the tank to let me know of any warning signs. I did add a small amount of salt on the first sight of ich 5 days ago. I added 4 tbl total in a 37g, but how soon should the ich spots go away on the loaches?? I felt as though the parasite on the fish should have fallen off, and due to meds in the tank, no new ich should be able to attach to the fish?? I understand the ich stays and f