Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Loaches out and about after plant trimming

Posted By: Victor <pistor@nospam.com>
Date: Monday, 26 July 2004, at 8:56 a.m.

I cleaned the 110g tank this weekend. I removed a gigantic sword and most of the stem plants (I just left one cutting of each species to start over) because they had taken over the tank. The whole tank is now bright in light and it's looking good. An unexpected (and most appreciated) side effect of this trimming was that now the clown loaches seem to be hanging out a whole lot more. We have 7 clown loaches in that tank, the largest is about 6 inches long, but they always hide. Day and night they sleep in their little caves. But since the clearing, some of them have been swimming around, doing the loachy dance (it's been a while since I saw that).
I wonder why the change in behavior? Do your loaches prefer open space or surface cover?