Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Poorly loaches

Posted By: Fay <fayhancocks@blueyonder.co.uk>
Date: Thursday, 29 July 2004, at 5:10 a.m.

Hi!
ive tried searching on the forums but cant seem to find anything so here comes my predicament:
I have a 56l tank (thats probably something like 15 gallons?) that came with its filter and heater.
my 3 small (2.5"?) clown loaches are probably about 2 months old now and we've had no problems together. however 5 days ago i noticed the ph was strikingly high (off the chart so over 7.8) and brought a product that, i was informed, would bring the ph down to 6.5 gradually. but, take a guess what happened? from 7.8 to 6.5 in 1 application. i was amazed that all my fish weren't dead, and moreso, seemed perfectly fine!

However yesterday my loaches started going "funny." they crowd as close to the heater (which is at76f), and the water surface as they can get, and lie perfectly still save for a con