Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

vacation feeding

Posted By: Rob Hall <rhallatk406@yahoo.com>
Date: Thursday, 29 July 2004, at 6:04 p.m.

Hi all,

We're leaving for a nine-day vacation, and our loach and her posse of mollies will be on their own for the duration.

I'll do a water change before we leave, and make sure the tank's full. I will also install a new filter (the tank's a 29 gallon equipped with a Penguin bio-wheel 170).

I bought one of those rotating drum-style feeders and it's working fine, dumping an adequate portion of flake food into the tank every 12 hours. (Usually we feed larger portions once daily.)

Usually, the loach eats a mixture of flakes and algae wafers. I'll bust up the wafers and toss some in the drum on the auto-feeder.

Should I also get one of those vacation feeder blocks of food that gradually melts and releases chow? Anything else I can do to keep our fish happy while we're gone?

BTW, the loach's ic