Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

melafix/pimafix/loaches

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Saturday, 7 August 2004, at 2:50 p.m.

if you have used either of the products, singlely or in tandem would you please post your experience?

i am particularly interested in:

1. any adverse reactions: the type of loach, the reason the med (and specify melafix, pimafix or both) was used, and what happened.

2. positive results: the type of loach, the reason the med(s) were used and why you think it worked...what you saw.

3. neutral aka no results: the type of loach, the reason the med(s) were used and what you saw.

here is a neutral/maybe negative situation but not with a loach: i had a platy who had a slowly degrading dorsal fin. i added melafix as per instructions...for several days and nothing changed. as i recall the fish eventually died and the dorsal fin never repaired. now i think it was a bacterial issue, perhaps a slow form of flexibacter.

i don't have any success stories.

thanks. this is for information for the book so i'm looking for actual experiences and those of you who are either highly FOR these (one or both) meds or highly against them, please speak up and share details.

barbara

Messages In This Thread