Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Bad Luck With Kuhlis and Clowns

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Saturday, 21 August 2004, at 10:42 a.m.

Five out of the eight kuhlis I got yesterday didn't make it through the night. They looked pretty good and were colored up well, but I'm guessing the stress of being bagged and then acclimated to a new tank was too much for the little guys. The remaining three seem to be doing OK, but they are so small and I don't know how strong they are.

The rostrata seems to have gotten through the experience pretty well so I'm hopeful for him. He now has some botia company in the form of my double-saddled clown. I saw him flashing this morning and his tail fin is beginning to look ragged around the edges. He was doing great for a while there after surviving a complicated bout of Skinny Disease. Though I do run a UV, I'm wondering if there is something in the main ta