Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

New to forum--Inside scoop on PETsMART deals

Posted By: Scott <washburn.37@osu.edu>
Date: Monday, 30 August 2004, at 12:00 p.m.

Hey guys, I'm new here. Thought I'd join up though and help you guys get some insight on what new loaches will be available at petsmart and when. I work at PETsMART, so I have the inside scoop. We have our regulars: Clown, skunk botias, and Dojo loaches. Also, every two months we get a list of about 25-30 "opportunity buys," which are fish that we don't normally carry, but are available for order. Sometimes we get some really cool ones. B. Rostratas are no longer available, they were on the July/August list. By the way, i'm not sure why they called them Sergeant Major Loaches, but they were listed as "B. Rostratas (Common name "Sergeant Major Loaches")". Anyway, we got the new list for Semptember/October. I can't remember all the loaches that were on it, but i do remember there were at least three. One was the Golden Dojo Loaches and they were $6.49. I'll post again tomorrow with better info. Anyway, the fish on these list are optional to order. It's all left up to the Pet Care Manager's discretion. So, if there's a loach available that I told you about, and you don't see it at your PETsMART, just speak with the Pet Care Manager and see what you can work out. Most have a minimum order quantity, so it would help out if you were willing to buy multiples, or had friends that would buy them too. The minimums are usually no more than 6, so it's not really too big a deal.

Also, about the hikari shortages at PETsMART. It is just as frustrating to us as it is to you. Before, Hikari would only send orders when we got dangerously low, because we had to meet a minimum order, because they're sent to us directly from the vendor. Now, we have more control over it, and all you have to do if we've been out is, again, talk to the Pet Care Manager, and he should be able to get more ordered for next time. Still, there is about a 2 week lag time between ordering them and receiving them.

So, there's my 2 cents, If you have anymore questions or anything having to do with PETsMART, let me know. There's usually a way to fix everything.

Messages In This Thread