Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

my Sids arrived! *PIC*

Posted By: Beth Lenhoff <Lenhoffszoo@juno.com>
Date: Friday, 3 September 2004, at 3:58 p.m.

Well this afternoon the fish arrived, and it was an even better deal than I had originally thought. I mentioned that the auction was for 4 Sids, 4 Red-tail zebra loaches, and "some" plants. Well "some" was an under statement. Good thing I have so many tanks. I lost count of the types after ten... most had sevral bunches of them. There are 4 small but fiesty Schistaturas(what exact kind I have no idea...in fact they don't all look the same), and not four but SIX Sids!!! They are very small, but seem healthy. Here's the problem...I only wanted three. I figured three, four, no big deal, but I'm not sure I have room for six! I'm going to have to find a new home for three of them. Anyone near Ohio who might want them?? Meanwhile...I genrally treat all of my new Botias with M1/M2, in case of skinny disease...once they are in the big tanks, who can afford to! Are Sids also suseptible to it like most Botias? Should I treat them? Thanks bunches, and cross your fingers that they acclimate well!!!

Messages In This Thread