Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Ich!

Posted By: Taratron
Date: Sunday, 5 September 2004, at 1:13 a.m.

Came home from work tonight to see one of my clown killifish with ich. Honestly, I didn't expect these guys to live; I ordered them back in February/March of this year from Hawaii, and ended up with two males. Into the tank they went.

And no problems with them. Until tonight. I spotted the traditional white spots on one of the killis.

Tank Stats: water parameters as yet unknown.
29 gallon tank, very planted
Livestock: kuhli loaches, brochis cats, elegant cories, farlowella cats, and bristlenose plecos (2), banjo cats. Also the two killifish, and two female bettas.

So you can see that treating the tank is going to be difficult, with scaleless fish and all. However, I'm not intending to medicate. What I am wondering about is what caused the one killi to break out. Why haven't the kuhlis shown anything (yet)?