Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Buying loaches from Petsmart

Posted By: Kad <templar9@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wednesday, 8 September 2004, at 10:36 p.m.

Hey-
I was at PetsMart yesterday, and discovered they had added Spotted Dojos to their fish stock. Please understand I've only seen these particular loaches once, and those weren't particularly healthy.
They were awefully inexpensive at $2.99 a fish, and ranged in sizes from 2" to 5-6".
I bought a relatively small one (about 2.5") who was sitting in a plant.

I haven't had particularly good luck with fish from PetsMart, but I'm hoping for this guy to hold out. I might even buy another, if he really requires a buddy (I'm not sure if I have enough space in the tank, however. 12 fish, 30 gallon, all fish ranging from 1"-2.5". Dojo is now the largest).

Anyway, anyone have experiences with fish from PetsMart, any information on whether or not it's a good