Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Yoyo with broken nose and red fins?

Posted By: Drew
Date: Saturday, 11 September 2004, at 1:31 a.m.

I cant grab a pic, or a good one for that matter. But I went to feed tonight and one of my Yoyo's was obviously much skinnier than he should be. Breathing quickly, not really wanting to move.

Upon closer inspection, the nose looks like he hit the glass super hard and just smashed it. It's bright red and has that white glaze to it, yo see when they scratch themselves. That imperfection int he slime coat.

Heres the odd part, all his fins appear to be RED, as in bloody kind of, internal bleeding in the fins. All of em. No physical damage, scrapes or anything on any part of hte body but his nose.

His nose/snout looks crooked a bit and hes not moving his mouth. I think he's done for, which is to bad. =( This will make the second of my 4 YOYO's I've lost this year, the first just died suddenly and without warning, one day it just stopped swimming, and died. This