Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Oh boy, oh boy! Geto Loaches!

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Wednesday, 15 September 2004, at 8:51 p.m.

I was visiting my favorite LFS in Manhattan today and was asking what loaches were on the availability list and if they could get more Moosefaces, Zippers or Rostratas. I have one of each of these and they need some friends of their own kind.

One of the things on the list was something called a "Geto Loach". I'd never heard of them and immediately had an image of little loaches with do-rags on their heads and a swagger in their swim.

Of course I said "Get me 5!" and scurried home (well as much as one can scurry in NYC traffic) and looked them up in the species index. Lo and behold "Geto Loach" is an old name for Botia Rostrata!

Yippee! Now my lonely little Rostrata (an honorary Clown Loach) will have some of his own species to hang with!

On anothe