Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Neat-o Kubotai Photo Sequence *PIC*

Posted By: cybermeez <cybermeez@NOSPAMaol.com>
Date: Saturday, 25 September 2004, at 11:05 a.m.

Man I love this new Canon PowerShot A75! Makes my old Sony Mavica look like a Kodak Brownie!

Here's the most up-to-date series of the pattern changes of the 2 young Kubotai I have. I know these little loaches are "controversial" but I'm certain they are Kubotai. Everything in their behavior and interactions with my older Kubotai reaffirms this for me. I suspect like, Clown Loaches, these guys have a very slow growth rate. These two are the smallest and the last to be introduced in a school of 5. The growth pattern is also similarly variable to Clowns in that there's always one that out paces the others and goes on to become alpha loach and the others seem to grow at a rate in direct correlation to their social status.

I can hardly wait for the first scientist to discover and confirm a growth inhibiting hormone given off by an alpha loach. That will be a huge discovery, and probably only something seen in captivity since water volumes are so small compared to in the wild.

Scroll down to see the photos.....

Loach #1 on 1/3/04  

Loach #1 taken on 1/27/04  

Loach #1 taken on 2/20/04  

Loach #1 taken on 3/2/04 Loach # 2 taken on 3/2/04
Loach #1 taken 3/22/04 Loach #2 taken 3/22/40
Loaches #1 (right) and #2 (left) taken on 9/25/04
A couple of the big boys for comparrison taken on 9/25/04

Messages In This Thread