Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Timid School of Clowns

Posted By: William Case <islandlawnequipment@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, 6 October 2004, at 3:15 a.m.

Lately, I have been noticing that my loaches almost never come out of their PVC hiding pipes and hollow plastic tree stump cave. All of my clowns are in size groups. The largest, about 3.5 ins and the others are 3in, 3in, 1.5 and 1.5. They were introduced in pairs at different times (months). My tank is 29 gallons with blue, white and red gravel. It contains 5 clown loaches, 1 GLO fish (Zebra Danio), 3 glass cat fish, 1 lake kabutu rainbow fish, and 3 small Bronze Corys. 1 "Rice" plant, and air stone.

My main problem is that 2 of my smallest Loaches never come out of their pipes (still alive). My other three loaches stay inside of their stump. The bottom feeder pellets are eaten every night..
Could there be a reason they never come out during the day? Too bright, n