Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Something is terribly wrong!

Posted By: Ethan
Date: Saturday, 9 October 2004, at 9:22 a.m.

I awoke to see 3 of my platies floating, their tails were missing and they looked beat-up.
I was puzzled, because I have no aggresive fish in my 50-gallon. As I watched my fish I saw One of my Shubunkin Goldfish's fins tattered and well "chewed on". Then I noticed my Clown Loaches were hideing with my Horsefaced loaches in a small cave. My Weather Loaches had themselves burrowed into the gravel. My Albino Aeneus Corycats were "resting" as usual as in every morning. My Neons and Platies were being chased by my largest goldfish!!!! He stopped then chased my other Shubunkin Goldfish! I quickly removed him from the tank and into a spare 10-gallon tank. Around every 10 minutes he starts to "vibrate" rapidly!!! His dorsal fin goes up and then down when he is shaking.
He has become over-active he eats normally but he
chases any other fish and I don't know why!
Something is terribly wrong with him!
I've never seen a Goldfish pick on anything before! Not even a few Ghost Shrimp in the tank!
He is 3 years old and 6 inches long!
Does anyone know why he would act this way?
If you're wondering I put stress coat in my 50- gallon tank to heal any wounded fish and to prevent any further stress.

Messages In This Thread