Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

My First Loach-In-The-Filter Experience

Posted By: Kad <templar9@tampabay.rr.com>
Date: Wednesday, 13 October 2004, at 5:23 p.m.

I've heard reports of this happening with all sorts of loaches, but I experienced it for the first time last night.

I recently bought a second spotted dojo a few days ago. He's been harassed by my N.Pallidus (like my other dojo was), but hasn't established a "safe zone" like the other dojo.
Anyway, last night, I heard splashing, and then the sound of something hitting plastic. I turned on my aquarium light to find....no second dojo. I immediently considered the filter, and opened it up and saw him hiding in the space under the cartridge.

I took it out and tried to get him out, only to have him vanish into a spot in the filter I never knew existed. He went into a space between the suction...spinner and the motor itself. It took me an hour to figure out that spot even ex