Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

red tailed puncs

Posted By: Jim Powers <jimpowers@prodigy.net>
Date: Thursday, 14 October 2004, at 4:22 p.m.

I just got back from my yearly pilgramage to Mass. to see friends and visit Uncle Ned's Fish Factory. While I was dissappointed that they ONLY had puncs, (no ctenos, ridens or ufos)I did manage to bring home some interesting puncs as well as cherry shrimp and some oddball yellow japonica like shrimp. The puncs I have all have smaller spots so I have wanted some with larger ones. These guys all have larger spots and also have a very small amount of red on the tip of the blue tail. I have never seen this on puncs before and may just be a local variation. Has anyone else seen puncs with red tails before?
By the way, I also ran into Mia Woodman who posts on this board, and had a nice visit with her