Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Clown Loaches Sick?

Posted By: Fishlover <fishlover@ilovetrains.net>
Date: Thursday, 28 October 2004, at 3:10 a.m.

I have a question. I bought 4 clown loaches about 3 weeks ago, and they all seemed fine, within a day, one got a big white spot on the back of his black mark, I later found out since I took him back, that he had a bacterial fungus, he later died. Now, about 2 weeks later, I'm noticing 2 small white spots on one of my clown loaches. I have a total of 6 clown loaches and this one hasn't appeared to gain any weight, like the others and today, he seems worn out, breathing fast at one point, the the next it's like hes struggling to breath.. and he's swimming up and down real fast.. then lays down?? My concern are the really small two white spots. I don't think it's ick. I'm going to try and bag him up and run him to the shop, but does anyone have any clue what might be up, or where I can look