|View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg|
The Loach Forum Archives (6)
My first disaster!
Posted By: bigpow <email@example.com>
Date: Thursday, 28 October 2004, at 12:39 p.m.
I've been keeping fish for a long time, but I don't usually use any chemicals or medications...
The fish were fine - eating like there's no tomorrow, but somehow I felt that they were carrying diseases.
Last night, I thought... hmm, maybe I'll just dose 500mg of Tetracyclin into my 55-gallon tank, along with two tsps of Levamisole. That way I'll kill off the cyanobacteria (algae), cure internal bacteria & remove internal parasites of my fish.
(I had completely forgotten that I had also dose some AlgaeFix the day before yesterday)
I was way over myself!
This morning I woke up to see three rosy barbs upside down :(
One cherry barb was floating - lifeless
I immediately di