Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

OT: I need advice on giving advice!

Posted By: Ethan
Date: Wednesday, 10 November 2004, at 8:38 p.m.

Ok. My Aunt and her Room mate have decided that my 50 gallon and my Dad's 90 are pretty cool. So they go and buy a 10-gallon kit. I tell them to research the fish they liked and read up on how to go about things (what to feed, water changes, etc.). I should've given them step by step intructions! I don't think they looked up anything! They put 14 fish in there to start off, and not tiny Neons (even when I told them 10 total inches of fish is max for their tank). They had 3 YoYo Loaches, 1 Weather Loach, 2 Plecos (Common), 4 Ryukin Goldfish, and 4 Zebra Danios. Their tank is crammed with rocks,plants, and 2 cave ornaments. Today they came to me complaining that their Plecos and Zebras died (bringing the total fish # down to 8)! Now they think that I gave them false information...????(yes they're very stuck up) When I tell them my knowledge and that they need to follow sertain rules they stare at me like I have a hole in my head! I feel horrible for those YoYos being crammed in a 10.
What should my Dad and I do?
Should we let them learn the hard way (or should we sneak in their home at night and steal their loaches then leave LOL!)?
Please any advice would be very helpful as of there are over 10 inches in their tank (atleast 14 -18 and 'I'm not always good with words') AND LOACHES ARE ON THE LINE!!!!

Messages In This Thread