Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Day 4 and still no cure....

Posted By: Greymalkin <greymalkin74@hotmail.com>
Date: Monday, 15 November 2004, at 11:44 a.m.

Hello, Just thought I might update you all on my first tank.

Day 4:

I have done 20% water changes every other day since I discovered the whitespot on my loach. I have removed the carbon from my filter, and I medicate the water every day.

The whitespot has not dissappeared from my Clown Loaches tail and mid-section. It seems to not be spreading, and I see no whitespots on any of my other fish.

The poor infected fellow, has not lost his appetite and he still makes his way around the tank, but he seems to hang vertically in the tank quite often.

Even with the temprature raised, I have yet to get the small spots to dissappear off him.

The addition of an airstone seems to have made all of my fish much happier, but I still cannot seem to defeat my loaches illness.

I went out and bought Loach specific Ich medicine, in hopes it may be more sucsessfull. But, to no avail.

I feel terrible watching this guy hang vertically in the water, it's like the whitespot on his tail and mid-section make it tough to swim. :(

Poor lil guy, I really hope I can cure him.

P.S. I bought some blood worms for them...HOLY COW, DO THEY LOVE THEM!!! I have never seen fish go so bonkers for food before.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.