Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

OT: Red-Tailed Shark , I reccomend

Posted By: Ethan
Date: Tuesday, 16 November 2004, at 7:58 p.m.

Hi, I got a Red-Tailed shark almost 4 weeks ago (as some of you may know). It has been acting wonderfully and is really starting to become jet black and have a Lazer Red tail. I bought it at 1.5 inches it is already 3 inches. It has its own territory setup and hangs out with my YoYo Loach. It always cruises the aquarium in search of Brine Shrimp and other foods. I've read that they can be aggresive but mine only chases my other fish out of its territory, this isn't a big deal because he seems to have claimed a light house ornament in a corner. He never ever touches the other fish, just chases em' out of its territory. However sometimes him and my YoYo loach cirlce eachother as if quarreling. I can't beleive how quickly he's grown! If you want a show from your Red-Tailed