Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Kubotai vs. Yoyo

Posted By: Brian Ward <brianward@medical46.freeserve.uk>
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2004, at 4:34 a.m.

Has anyone any idea why my 2 inch kubotai and 3 inch Yoyo should have taken a violent dislike to one another? There is another 3 inch Yoyo in the same tank that takes no part in their fighting, which does not seem to relate to territorial issues, as it takes place all round the tank. My other loach take no notice of loaches of other species, but these two seem to be an exception. They fight continuously for up to 45 minutes, by which time both have turned very pale (presumably from exhaustion). Neither fish seems to give in; they are just too tired to fight any more. There's no lasting damage, and they don't seem to be using their spines, so I'm not too bothered - just curious