Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

I got Bit!

Posted By: Nes <nes.durand@gmail.com>
Date: Thursday, 18 November 2004, at 2:36 p.m.

I don't know if I was feeding too slowly or maybe my fingers just smelled like tubifex but one of my clown loaches bit me yesterday! :D

Didn't really hurt 'cause they don't really have teeth but he definetly indented my skin just a little bit... that'll teach me to be late for breakfast :D.

Anyway I was just wondering if anyone had this happen with older loaches. I'm not going to freak out & stop putting my fingers in the tank but it's good to know if there is a chance of getting bit. That way I can just be a little extra careful like with my oscars.

Or maybe this is just a wierd case - the same one went for my finger again last night but I moved it as soon as he touched me :D

Crazy loaches...

Nes.
 <