Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

? for Filstar XP Users

Posted By: Dancesalone <dancesalone@hotmail.com>
Date: Friday, 19 November 2004, at 3:06 p.m.

I've got a total of 7 of these Canister Filters running on various tanks and 2 of them, the newest ones are causing me grief. I can't figure out what is causing the problem and wonder if anyone here could maybe shed some light.

After I clean them and put them back on the tank, they fill but right at the end where the ones that work kind of pause and then fill up to the edge of the lid inside, these do not. They seem to become air locked and then run making noise spewing stuff all over the tank along with air. I have to mess with them to get them to finally fill enough to start running somewhat right. Are they defective perhaps or any ideas on what to do to correct this. I've tried reopening them, tilting them, turning them on and off...nothiing works. The other ones that I have