Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

R.I.P my Neon School.

Posted By: Ethan
Date: Friday, 19 November 2004, at 4:27 p.m.

Today I found 8 of my 10 Neon Tetras floating, thankfully I have 2 left. This is the longest I've ever been able to keep Neons alive, 8 months. They all died of unknown causes, probably sudden heart attacks due to over - farm raising. Neons just aren't very hardy any more, its really too bad. I know once the 2 remaining pass on, I'm never getting Neons again. I've heard and read that Cardinal Tetras are much hardier, as of they're wild cuaght and not too many are farm-raised and hopefully they never will be. You know its kinda like Dogs, for example the Golden Retreiver is one of the most popular Dogs around. But due to inbreeding and puppy farms, they can have hip problems, leg problems, sudden heart failure and ect. With fish like Swordtails and Neons, they've been so inbred that they've become basically genetic trash. I say we form a boycott against over - raised fish!

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.