Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Apparently...

Posted By: Mark in Vancouver <markmark@telus.net>
Date: Saturday, 27 November 2004, at 8:56 p.m.

Hagen is about to launch their new program of biotope aquarium kits. The new kits encourage people to create geographically sound biotope aquaria that match fish and plants from certain zones. From what I've seen, it's still very simple: Africa and Asia are two of the so-called biotopes - which seem a bit general to me. Still, they have hired different writers to discuss the differences in regional biotopes, so some thought has gone into it.
Still, if it encourages people to think about how they are stocking their tanks, I'm all for it.
The Asian section sells people on clown loaches (of course) but doesn't offer any of the specific Q&A about these fish. I'm guessing we'll see some new faces