Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Vaillantella maassi in Toronto

Posted By: Martin Thoene <gkadar@sympatico.ca>
Date: Thursday, 2 December 2004, at 7:02 p.m.

Nipped into the Menagerie this afternoon on my way home from work. Harold enthuses that he has some fish that I just have to see. He moves some wood and slate in the tank and out swim 6 REALLY nice specimins of V. maassi!

http://www.loaches.com/species_pages/vaillantella_maassi.html

Apparently they were listed as "Fork-tailed loaches" and the shipper had 24. He didn't give Harold a very good description of the fish, so he played safe and only ordered 6. Now he's kicking himself.....he would have ordered all of them had he known!

Anyway, they are all very healthy and typically, Harold has them up for a price that will make Mike Ophir weep. These are the steal of the century, believe me.

Go get 'em!

Tomorrow, he's expecting in "Yellow tailed Loaches", which apparently are probably Botia lecontei, but include some odd-balls. I'm thinking maybe B. eos or B. caudipunctata might be likely. I'm going to have a look-see tomorrow, so I'll report back.

Martin.

Messages In This Thread