Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Proud but maybe paranoid owner of new loaches.....

Posted By: Moon <fuzzymoontater@yahoo.com>
Date: Friday, 3 December 2004, at 9:42 a.m.

Hi gang, new member here. I'm relatively new at fish keeping, and have recently purchased three botia kubotai. (And now that i have them i wish i had bought more....these guys just taken up all of my interest!) lol Really, they are fantastic! Anyway, i have browsed through site after site and this one seems to be the best to get advice and to educate myself further on these little critters. Now....the questions. lol (You knew they were coming, huh?) They seem to be what i think is glancing/scratching on things in the tank. Or is this pretty much a normal behavior for them, as in trying to lay down? They're in a 55 gallon aquarium, with three swordtails, a pleco, and one rainbow shark. Also, the shark hasn't been acting like himself since i put the kubotai's in there with him. He was pretty territorial over his cave, but the loaches seem to ignore him on go right by. lol In doing this, could the shark, and the loaches be stressing each other out? Not sure what else to put in here at this time, but if anyone needs more information, i'll be glad to help them help me. And ya know i'll be asking more questions in the future so get ready. lol Thanks everybody!

Messages In This Thread