Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Sick Cory

Posted By: Nick Samaras <samarasb@aol.com>
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 2004, at 8:33 a.m.

On Sunday I noticed something unusual with the eyes of my 4 year old bronze corydora "Rusty". They appeared to be bulging. After some quick research I figured he had pop-eye. So I quarantined him and began treatment with Maricyn 2. The next day, I observed what appeared to be 2-3 "air bubbles" along and behind his dorsal fin. After some further research, I came to the conclusion he had dropsy. His abdomen also appeared slightly swollen, but I can't remember if that's how he always was. I continued treating him with the Maricyn 2, added some Epsom salt to the tank and began feeding him a steady diet of anti-bacterial food along with raising the temp slightly. As to this day, the symptons remain. He still has a healthy appetite and will swim around periodically. The "Air bubbles behind his fin seem to be regressing; however, they get