Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Possibly Sick Yo-Yo

Posted By: MrShake <adam@adamandnicole.com>
Date: Tuesday, 7 December 2004, at 9:58 p.m.

Hello!!
This is my first post here. I come from Badmans where they transmitted loach fever to me and POOF, I have yo-yos and kuhlis.
Anyway.. I'm a bit worried about one of my yo-yos. He's a bit greyed out, resting on the bottom a lot (mostly during the last 2-3 days) and has been flashing a little (maybe 5-10 times a day that I notice). Today, I watched them eat.. and he did eat a LITTLE, but not like the piggys that I'm used to.
The flashing leads me to believe some kind of parasite.. but I'm unsure.
The tank....
ITs a 55 gal with 3 yo-yos, 2 black kuhli, 3 danios, a breeding pair of kribs and about 14 fry less than half an inch. The kribs and fry are moving this week to their own tank. The params are Temp:78 Ammonia/NitrIte:0 Nitrate:10 or less. The tank is about.. 4 months old.