Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

drastic change in clown behavior

Posted By: Barbara <bjmaitri@megalink.net>
Date: Wednesday, 8 December 2004, at 8:35 a.m.

not as in "bad" drastic, but "good" drastic, as in nearly complete change. why? as best as i can tell, it is all about lighting. having battled cyano that would come and go (after i'd finally give in and treat for it) and then return, i started down-lighting rather than replacing my CFs in this tank. (i'd been still having the cyano problem even after replacing all the bulbs this last year so this has been a struggle for a long long time).

I did the usual water change just before i left for two weeks, during which time my husband fed the fish, and also did a thorough cleaning above water surface and outside the tank and added one flourescent fixture of 20 watts, i think, to the 20 watts on that tank already (i had started to stop using the CFs a week or so previously). when i returned the cyano has abated, and, more delightfully, the clowns come out to play. often three of the five will be active during the day rather than all but one of the five sleeping. the tank also looks the best it has looked in over a year, and the plants, while they are growing slowly, are looking very nice. no longer do i feel embarrassed about how this tank looks. btw, it DID have 220 watts previously.

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index |