Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

clown loaches odd behaviour

Posted By: Jennifer <jenmom9@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2004, at 3:16 a.m.

I have three clown loaches in an 85 gallon aquarium. They have been here for about 3 months. Since they have been here they have exhibited quite a few odd behaviours, of course. But this most recent has me a little confused. My loaches have not been nocturnal from the time they arrived. They go to "bed" at 9:30 every night. Every morning they are at the top of the tank ready to be fed. They get a cube of blood worms in the morning. So, this morning when I went in to feed them and no one was at the top it made me wonder. I heard commotion in the back of the tank and noticed a quick scuffle. I dropped in the blood worms and no takers. The guppies finished off the blood worms and still the loaches didn't come out of hiding. All day they have stayed hidden. They didn't even come out this evening. Has something frightened them? Are they going to change their schedule and be more nocturnal? Any ideas?

Messages In This Thread

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6) is maintained by Jeff Shafer with WebBBS 4.33.