Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Itchy Loach?

Posted By: Damon Matthew Kelly <Greymalkin74@hotmail.com>
Date: Sunday, 12 December 2004, at 11:35 a.m.

Hello all.

First time Clown Loach owner.

I have owned 2 Clown loaches for about 4 months now, and they generally seem pretty happy. However, after defeating a bout with ich, I have found something rather odd with both my loaches.

Both of them have small brownish spots appearing on their bodies. They start near their mouths and have spread up their spines along their dorsal fin, and down to the tail. The spots only appear on the upper half of their bodies, and do not seem to be "raised" or show any sign of being sore.

They do however seem to "flick" thier bodies against the leaves of the plants. The only explanation for this behavior I can find is that they are itchy. Or, they have some sort of fungus growing on them :(

I have been doing at least a 20% water change weekly.

My water c