Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Sick and Tired....

Posted By: WitchyBoy <WitchyBoy@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 December 2004, at 8:08 a.m.

I am sick and tired of cloudy/milky/hazy water! I don't know what else to do. I have a 37 gal and have done numerous water changes-anywhere from 5 gal. up to 20 gal...have used water clarifiers, biological clarifiers, filter changes, added extra carbon to the filters...anything I can think of and still have cloudy water. I took some water in to my LFS and everything was fine except the pH (8.4- up from 6 two weeks ago) and the ammonia was "really high". They suggested a water change of 50-75% and adding some stuff to fix the ammonia and some biological stuff. That's when I did the 20 gal change using Tetra AquaSafe, a skin protectant, and the biological stuff the LFS gave me. I did a water test last n