Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Lighting

Posted By: WitchyBoy <WitchyBoy@msn.com>
Date: Wednesday, 29 December 2004, at 3:50 p.m.

I'm looking for another light for my tank. I'm using the one that came with the hood, but I think it looks too "steril". The tank is 22 inches high so i want to make sure I have enough light for the plants, but I would like to have something that us more pleasing to the eye. I picked up something last night at my LFS that was supposed to enhance the color of the fish...looks like a frickin' black light! Some of the rocks are glowing! I have some cherry barbs that look grey under the light. My clown loaches look black and grey. Any suggestions on lighting? I guess the overall look I want for the tank is riverbank where the water has washed out between tree roots and rocks, so I do want it a bit shadowy with shafts of light. Any ide