Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

Qs about hillstream loaches

Posted By: Myra VanInwegen <myra@myra-simon.com>
Date: Wednesday, 5 January 2005, at 5:19 p.m.

I got 2 Hong Hong plecos (that's what they called them in the lfs; looking at the photos in the Species Index they look like Beaufortia kweichowensis) on Monday. They are in a 20 gal unheated tank with 4 debra danios and 2 rosy barbs.

Q1: How do you get them to eat something other than algae? I have a nice layer of green algae on the back of the tank, but would like to feed them other stuff as well. They are supported to like Tetra tabimin sinking tablets. For the last 2 days I sunk a tablet right under their noses as the hung on the filter. They watched the other fish nibble at it, but even when the other fish had left it alone (being full I guess) they didn't go for it.

Q2: One of the them (the smaller one) has developed some white patches on it. There are about