Welcome to the Loaches Online Forum Archives, full of historical information on loaches and other freshwater tropical aquarium fish from 1998 to 2005. You may want to use the Search Engine to find what you're looking for, or browse the other archives: (Archive 1) (Archive 2) (Archive 3) (Archive 4) (Archive 5) (Archive 6)

Don't forget to visit the new Loach Forum when you're finished!

View Thread | Return to Index | Read Prev Msg | Read Next Msg

The Loach Forum Archives (6)

I'm taking back ALL of my Platys..

Posted By: Ethan
Date: Saturday, 8 January 2005, at 2:31 p.m.

Well as the subject states i'm taking all of my Platys back to my LFS tommorow. I need the tank room and because I don't want ANY MORE babies ; ). I feel kinda bad doing this and I'll miss them, I think the total # of babies I got this month was around 250-300 from 4 females and 2 males. I enjoyed raising the fry up the first few times but now it isn't fun anymore, infact last month I took all my babies and (this is kinda cruel) put them in my 20-Gallon Goldfish tank and well let them get eaten O_o.
Now don't get me wrong I LOVE Platys , I've kept them (well almost) since I first started but I want something new (an egglayer), any suggestions? I would like a kind of dither fish that is realitvily strong and can live with kinda big Clown, Big Weather, and medium sized